Skip to main content

The Full Bug - Black Hole Syndrome


Release date - 14.6.18
Record Label - Independent 

Track Listing 

1. Bloodbath
2. Natural Downer
3. Lately
4. Break Ground

The Full Bug are a hard rock band from Tel Aviv, Israel. They responded to my call for new music on twitter and straight away from a 30 second Spotify link I knew it was my type of thing. According to the band's website 'The Full Bug' is slang for 'give it all you've got'. It's a phrase I've never heard before so I learned something new as well. I would say this band are a blend of hard rock/metal/stoner/groove/blues and that sits well with me.

The E.P. is a short listen coming in at around 14 mins total. In that short time is does pack quite a big punch. Blood bath, Natural Downer and Lately are all heavy hitters with big drums, big guitar riffs and big rock vocals. I've grouped these three together because there isn't much that separates them style wise. That's not to put them down. The quality is there in all the tracks. It's only when you get to break ground is there a shift in the tempo to a much slower track. What may be considered a ballad. It still retains the power of the rest of the E.P. and shows they can do more than just full on rock. 

I would say this band is for fans of Black Stone Cherry and Black Label Society. Two bands I am a big fan of. Have a listen to 'Blood bath' below and see what you think.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Johnston - Wide Eyes In the Dark

Release date: 19 Apr 2019 Nick Johnston   I first heard of Nick Johnston from a suggested YouTube video of his entire "Remarkably Human" album. The artwork image stood out to me and I was in the mood for new music and I left it on in the background. I ended up listening to it few times through and then going and buying his entire 4 CD biography, a ticket to see him live and the guitar tab for the RH album. Quite simply, I was hooked. As a preface to talking about the new album I'll briefly go over the development as I see it from the previous 4. The first to albums are a wide spread of styles where Nick is still exploring and developing his sound. By the third album 'Atomic Mind' the sound is more refined but still has the odd wild track. It is only at album number 4 where 'Remarkably Human' has a continuous theme and what is now a style that you can distinguish quite clearly as Nick Johnston. You can always tell his playing on the previou

Whitesnake - Flesh and Blood

Release date : May 10th 2019 Whitesnake fans are often divided between which era of the snake is the best. Some prefer the more old school bluesy approach of the early days but to me that's too close to the deep purple sound compared to what would eventually become what is to me the 'signature' sound. That is the John Sykes / Steve Vai big hair '1987' and 'slip of the tongue' era. What keeps Whitesnake consistent are the powerhouse vocals of the legendary David Coverdale. In his prime he was one of the best vocalists in rock music as far as I'm concerned. Years of screaming like the rock god he is has taken it's toll on the old vocal chords though because in recent years at live shows you can hear that the high scream is more a metal roar and you can sometimes hear the struggle to reach where he should be. That's if I had to criticise. I think it's forgivable given his career. Another thing worth noting is the whoever is

Vega - Live Review

  Venue - The Slade Rooms - Wolverhampton 6.7.2018 At a loss for what to do with a free Friday night I reached out to the friendly Facebook community group 'New Wave Of Classic Rock' to see what was on offer and the best recommendation for me was this gig. I was only vaguely aware of Vega so I checked a few songs and liked what I heard so I committed myself and bought a ticket that morning. Let me tell you I was not disappointed. I feel like I haven't been to a gig in a while and this was a good reminder that live music is always better. I was smiling throughout the whole thing.   First up we had Devilfire. Due to unexpected traffic I missed the first half of the set but what I did see I liked. If you're a fan of guyliner, straight long hair and melodic rock and roll then you will like them too. I would say it felt to me like the Scorpions with a touch of Nickleback. Did I buy a CD? yes I did. I've given it a quick spin and although it's good I th